Sunday, December 04, 2005

A knight in shining shotgun, not a long time ago

When it rains, it does not usually pour, it f*****g breaks loose. I always used to hate working at the Caledonian Ladbrokes shop, I don't know why, but yesterday was already a busy Saturday with me starving till 4 in the evening. I was walking up and down at our tills in anticipation of leaving early, as I was supposed to go to Christmas Party at Tottenham Hale. From nowhere appeared the knight with the shining shotgun, wearing all black, black ski head-gear, only revealing his nervous yet aggressive eyes, throwing abuse at me and my manager who was in his seat, he locked the shotgun, 'click', and put it through the counter pointing towards the stunned pair, me and my manager...I initially thought it was a joke, and was contemplating at the shiny black nozzle of the 2-feet gun with utter amusement until I realised that it was pointing at me and this was no movie....our shop was robbed !! 20 seconds at the most...and I have no idea where he went with mere 250£ handed over to him by the manager....wow...welcome to London...welcome to life.......nearly lost my life......then came the metropolitan police and CID....taking my statements and description of the crime event....I am one of the witnesses...and victims too....good to be able to write this blog today...alive...

5 Comments:

NoviceProgrammer said...

Good lord!
And I thought I was the only one living through a dream...

Di's wedding went very well!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god shehzaad!!sid told me abt this after he read it here n i was shocked.. wat an experiance to go thru!!
glad ur ok..:)

Anonymous said...

First the bombs, then this!! Where shall we send our children for higher education with safety? While you were in India I feared the riots. Now, about everything and anything. Will call soon to get first hand report. Nanji is worried too. Keep safe . . .

Mom

Anonymous said...

It happened atleast two weeks ago and I got to know about this after giving a search in google 'shehzaad blog'. What is happening to me? I don't make calls to my friends; visited your blog 4/5 times in total; after london bombings, i told myself 'ah come on! he is alright! call him later'... what is happening??

when will i see my end? its better be soon...

Shehzaad Shams said...

Who is this anonymous friend of mine who is worrying about his end...?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online