Thursday, April 27, 2006

Of laptops, iPods, life and love

I was so surprised when my credit score passed that I forgot to even buy the accessories like a carrying case, webcam and microphone etc. along with Toshi...yeah...that is what I call my dreammachine...who sits pretty on my laptop...a Toshiba laptop...lol...I remember having brought 1200£ when I landed in London...to buy a laptop...life was such...that money was draining out like anything in the early days..when I was desperate to find a job...and having a blindspot in my arsenal of expertise...that is not knowing how to cook...I was spending precious pounds behind samosas and burgers from the Afghan shop at Holloway Road...well...I have now...what I wanted for so long...but I would not deny that the final motivation was derived from the tiny black 2GB iPod Nano which I bought a week earlier...when I realised after reading the manual that you need a PC for charging it...or else you can buy an expensive charger to charge it...so there I went looking for it...and I got it finally...I remember the first time when I bought my first PC way back in 1997, there came a time when I was mimicking the PC...becoming too procedural, materialistic and logical...devoid of emotions...getting restless of slow things, striving for speed and efficiency and automation...and crashing often...lol. Well...things have changed a bit...but the basics remain the same I reckon.....my mental softwares still crash and hang my system....they are still very prone to emotional viruses...I think I have to look for a better anti-emotional virus software...McShehzaad....or NortonShams...something like that...the thing is the harddisk in the laptop revolves around an axis...when the axis exerts too much pain, heat and frustration....it is vulnerable to crashes.....however I have a capacity of 60 GB with 256MB RAM...so the memories accumulated all over these 5 years are precious, cannot be replaced and are right-protected..they cannot be deleted...even if I hang in stand-alone mode...they are still there...I cannot live without them...partitioning the hard disk would help a little...I can atleast save my other data from being erased...but what to do with the operating system? I really am not sure whether to format it...and reinstall it...at this age...at this stage...I think a life without a laptop is still manageable...but a life without love? I am still in the thinking process...I am more human now I guess.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

the last line is for whom Mr. Robotic Babu or shall i change the name aftre reading it....

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online