Friday, June 30, 2006

Fancy a bet?

I have noticed something interesting in my job lately....the flow of money....from whom, for whom, what for, how much, on what etc....its been more than a year now that I have been working part time in the world's and the UK's largest bookmaker...Ladbrokes.....most important aspect of my job is taking in bets, putting it through the scanner, inputting the punters instructions in the computer, paying out any outstanding bets.....sometimes I wonder...when I see punters winning money big time...say the largest I have paid out was £41,000 for a mere £20 horse accummulator bet....punters lose, they bet again, they win, they lose again...it continues...the horses and the dogs that run every half an hour don't even know what they are running for and who is getting all the money...we know who is getting all the money, how and why...but its not my money either....when I payout somebody an amount which is say thrice what I earn laboriously in a month...I feel the difference....here I am working my ass off for a month to get the money which someone is earning in 1 minute after a few button clicks and rolling of the roulette....I touch the queen's photo every second and I make sounds with the pound coins everytime I place them in my coin-tray....and I realise...the difference between what is mine....and what is not mine...what I deserve...and what I don't....its my job and I will take away only what I work for...at the end of the month...I am happy...after all...life should not be a gamble.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online