Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Long Lost Buddies

I met him after 3 years...in between I had gone back to Bangladesh from India....and then came here in the UK...he took a job in India..was placed in Cyprus and came to the UK this month only for a business trip...it was so good to meet my good old uni friend from Delhi....we recalled memories...talked about who is doing what...and what lies next...and talked about 'beyond description' crazy, whacky, funny, interesting incidents that took place while we studied together...I finally saw my friend off this evening saying goodbye and not knowing when and where we will meet next...straight from Heathrow I headed to Stratford to meet another LLB (Long Lost Buddy)...this time...from school...I came to know just yesterday that he had been in London for the last 4 months...and had been living in the same place where I used to go so very frequently till end April..when my friends/ex-colleagues used to stay there....a couple of friends are still left there...and from this topic to that topic my school buddy realised that both him and his housemates have a common friend...that's me....so I decided not to delay any further and meet him straight away....after long 11 years I met my LLB and hugged him as if we were school boys...we realised our languages took sudden dip and lingos/slangs/swearwords used in 1995 came down flowing...we also realised that the sincerity felt inside in asking whereabouts and wellbeing...was so true...and heartfelt...there was no sense of selfishness, jealousy....comparison of our individual gains...the joy in meeting a long lost friend was pure and precious...we realised how pure, precious and simple life was when we were in school...amidst all the confusion and complication of present life...it was still worth to enjoy the same feeling for a short while in the company of my long lost friend.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

LLB, how is the mother fucker LLB from college doin?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online