Friday, August 18, 2006

Signs

Do I call these mere coincidences? well if you say so...but let me tell me more...I came to London with 1200£ to buy a laptop...which disappeared in front of my eyes while settling down in the expensive city, I tried to keep track of it, but I was always eluded...I finished my one year MBA without any laptop...deprived of the facility of doing my assignments from the comfort of my room...where I resided...I made my way to local cyber cafe after work...in the bitter English winter...progressed on my assignments withstanding hunger and exhaust...then made my way back home braving the chilly wind...and after finishing the coursework..when I was left only with my dissertation...and when the need of a laptop was paramount...somehow my credit score passed and I could get a laptop of my own...ironic wasn't it? Well and good...so far so good...all went well..I worked on my dissertation and finished it well before time while my laptop gave me the comfort and luxury to do things from my own room...thanks to the unsubscribed wireless internet connection...which did use to drop from time to time...but it was just perfect for me...and now...in August..when I am done with my studies and dissertation...willing to prolong my stay here in the promise land...my poor laptop is unable to trace and connect to any strong wifi internet...at the same time...I am about to lose my job...as I don't have my passport with me..to show them that I am legally eligible to stay in this country and continue with my work...and dreams...as my travel document still lies with the decision-makers..still awaiting consideration....they haven't decided yet..whether to let me stay...or show me the door...I wonder how and why does my wifi internet connection fails when I am finally done with my studies...and the big questions hangs over my head...whether to stay here or go back home...hardly plans fall according to how they are expected to be isn't it? Are these all signs of something we don't control? I don't know...as of now..I know that I am drifitng away...either from the shore....or to the shore I am supposed to be.

1 Comment:

Neha said...

Hey Shez uncle!!

Remember, tough times never last...tough people do!!

Things will eventually get decided..one way or the other..hope for the best and be prepared for the worst!!

I really hope things work out for u...
been out of touch for long...take care and all the best...

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online